The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 3 is a semi-quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for the detection of anti-Desmoglein 3 antibodies in human serum. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 3 is intended for in vitro diagnostic use as an aid in the diagnosis of certain pemphigus diseases.
For sale in the EU only. Not for sale in the U.S.
Desmoglein 3 (Dsg3) is a desmosomal cadherin expressed in stratified squamous epithelia and the target antigen in pemphigus vulgaris (PV). PV is a fatal autoimmune blistering disease of the skin and mucous membrane and clinically characterized by flaccid blisters and widespread painful erosions. Histologically, the lesions of PV demonstrate intraepidermal blister formation due to loss of cell adhesion of keratinocytes. Anti-Dsg3 autoantibodies (IgG) are detected in sera from patients with PV and play a pathogenic role in blister formation in PV. Anti-Dsg3 IgG is not found in patients with pemphigus foliaceus (PF), another type of pemphigus.
Amagai et al have produced a recombinant human Dsg3 (rDsg3). rDsg3 is designed as a secreted protein consisting of the entire extracellular domain of Dsg3. rDsg3 is capable of immunoadsorbing pathogenic autoantibodies in PV patient serum, preventing blister formation in a neonatal mouse model of pemphigus. These findings indicate that rDsg3 expresses most, if not all, conformational epitopes of the native antigens critical in the pathogenesis of pemphigus. Currently, diagnosis of pemphigus largely relies on immunofluorescence testing (IF) utilizing sectioned normal human skin or monkey esophagus. However, there are several disadvantages in the current immunofluorescence.
To overcome the problems of IF, ELISA has been developed using rDsg3 as a sensitive and specific assay for the diagnosis of pemphigus. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 3 is for measuring anti Desmoglein 3 IgG autoantibodies with highsensitivity.
1) Dsg1 Microwell strips 48 wells Microwell strips (6 x 8 wells) coated with recombinant Dsg1 antigen. The breakaway strips are packed in a strip holder and sealed in a foil envelope with a desiccant.
2) Calibrator 1 (0 U/mL) One vial containing 1.5 mL of normal human serum with assay diluent containing 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
3) Dsg1 Calibrator 2 (100 U/mL) One vial containing 1.5 mL of anti-Dsg1 antibody positive human serum in assay diluent containing 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
4) Conjugate reagent One vial containing 15 mL of horseradish peroxidase conjugated goat anti-human IgG antibody. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
5) Assay diluent One vial containing 50 mL of Tris buffer containing bovine serum and 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
6) Wash concentrate (20x) One vial containing 50 mL of PBS with Tween 20 concentrate (20x).
7) Substrate One vial containing 20 mL of 3,3',5,5'-tetramethylbenzidine dihydrochloride /hydrogen peroxide (TMB/H2O2). Ready to use, make no further dilution.
8) Stop solution One vial containing 20 mL of 0.25 mol/L sulfuric acid. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 3 is a semi-quantitative enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the detection of anti-Desmoglein3 antibodies in human serum. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 3 is intended for in vitro diagnostic use as an aid in the diagnosis of certain pemphigus diseases.