The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 1 is a semi-quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for the detection of anti-Desmoglein1 antibodies in human serum. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 1 is intended for in vitro diagnostic use as an aid in the diagnosis of certain pemphigus diseases.
For sale in the EU only. Not for sale in the U.S.
Desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) is a desmosomal cadherin expressed in stratified squamous epithelia and the target antigen in pemphigus foliaceus (PF). PF is an autoimmune blistering disease of skin and characterized clinically by small flaccid blisters and scaly, crusted erosions, and histologically by intraepidermal blister formation due to loss of cell adhesion of keratinocytes. Anti-Dsg1 IgG autoantibodies are detected in sera from patients with PF and play a pathogenic role in blister formation in PF. Anti-Dsg1 IgG is also detected in about 60% of patients with pemphigus vulgaris (PV)- another type of pemphigus.
Amagai et al. have produced a recombinant human Dsg1 (rDsg1). rDsg1 is designed as a secreted protein consisting of the entire extracellular domain of Dsg1. rDsg1 is capable of immunoadsorbing pathogenic autoantibodies in PF patient serum, preventing blister formation in a neonatal mouse model of pemphigus. These findings indicate that rDsg1 expresses most, if not all, conformational epitopes of the native antigens critical in the pathogenesis of pemphigus. Currently, diagnosis of pemphigus largely relies on immunofluorescence testing (IF) utilizing sectioned normal human skin or monkey esophagus. However, there are several disadvantages in the current immunofluorescence.
To overcome the problems of IF, ELISA has been developed using rDsg1 as a sensitive and specific assay for the diagnosis of pemphigus. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 1 is for measuring anti-Desmoglein 1 IgG autoantibodies with high sensitivity.
1) Dsg1 Microwell strips 48 wells Microwell strips (6 x 8 wells) coated with recombinant Dsg1 antigen. The breakaway strips are packed in a strip holder and sealed in a foil envelope with a desiccant.
2) Calibrator 1 (0 U/mL) One vial containing 1.5 mL of normal human serum with assay diluent containing 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
3) Dsg1 Calibrator 2 (100 U/mL) One vial containing 1.5 mL of anti-Dsg1 antibody positive human serum in assay diluent containing 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
4) Conjugate reagent One vial containing 15 mL of horseradish peroxidase conjugated goat anti-human IgG antibody. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
5) Assay diluent One vial containing 50 mL of Tris buffer containing bovine serum and 0.09% sodium azide. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
6) Wash concentrate (20x) One vial containing 50 mL of PBS with Tween 20 concentrate (20x).
7) Substrate One vial containing 20 mL of 3,3',5,5'-tetramethylbenzidine dihydrochloride /hydrogen peroxide (TMB/H2O2). Ready to use, make no further dilution.
8) Stop solution One vial containing 20 mL of 0.25 mol/L sulfuric acid. Ready to use, make no further dilution.
The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 1 is a semi-quantitative enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the detection of anti-Desmoglein1 antibodies in human serum. The MESACUP-2 TEST Desmoglein 1 is intended for in vitro diagnostic use, as an aid in the diagnosis of certain pemphigus diseases.